EU environmental policies objectives:
- Conserving, protecting and improving the quality of environment
- Protection of human health
- Rational usage of natural resources
- Promoting on an international level measures in order to resolve environmental problems on a regional level.
- EU environmental policies principles: principle of supporting the damages by the polluter, principle of prevention, principle of precaution in taking decisions, principle of ensuring a high level of environmental protection, principle of integrating environmental protection requirements in defining and implementing other community policies and principle of proximity. (For more information read here and here)